This purpose of this document is to guide you through how to connect to the Fluke-1742, 1746 and 1748 using the USB port to your PC.
- Turn on meter.
- Plug USB cable into meters USB port, plug other end into your computer USB port.
- Go into your computers Device Manager to verify if the USB driver installed automatically by looking in the Network adapters directory. The meter will be listed as Remote NDIS Compatible Device. See below example.
- If driver did install launch the Energy Analyze Plus software and click on 17xx Setup button top left corner of window. If the driver did not install go to article How to Manually install Fluke-174X USB driver.
- The next step is to select the meter model number with serial number USB + and click on the Setup button.
- You will get another screen showing a User Name and Password, the default for both is Admin and then click Login button.
- You are now communicating to the meter and you can review the following parameters Instrument, Topology, Measurement, Event Triggers, Connection Verification, Aux Probes and Logging.