If you are unable to connect your device to Battery Management software, it could be a USB driver issue. Here are a few steps to make sure that it is setup properly.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer (My Computer > Control Panel > Device Manager)
- Or type in Device Manager in the Windows Start search bar
- Look for the drop down titled “Ports (COM & LPT)”, once selected you should see your device assigned to a COM port (COM#).
There might be a yellow triangle with a “!” next to a “USB Serial Port”, this will appear if the USB driver did not install successfully; manually update driver by right clicking on device and selecting “Update Driver Software…”
- Right click on the device and select “Properties” to view driver information, select “Driver” tab at the top of the new window; you should be able to view the Driver Provider and Driver Version.
- FTDI is the driver provider for the optical to USB cable (IR189USB).
- If there are blanks or "???" in any of the fields, you would need to uninstall and reinstall the necessary driver (this would also require a computer restart once the driver is installed.
- If you are unsure what the recent driver version is you can view FTDI's website for more information, https://ftdichip.com/drivers/
- On the FTDI Chip website go to the bottom and select the underlined click here section.
- Open the downloaded .exe file to install current driver. Once complete, restart the computer.